An All-In-One Onesie Suit
Shedding, Anxiety, Warmth, Gnawing at Body
What may appear to be a silly looking unitard for dogs, is a onesie that provides all-in-one apparel your dog.
Shedding is contained within this little suit as well as providing your dog with warmth during the cold months.
If your dog has had a medical procedure or skin conditions that you want to prevent them from chewing on, this suit replaces the bulky cone.
For those dogs with anxiety issues, this suit provides compression relief from thunderstorms, family gatherings, or other events that frighten your dog!
We are going to take a closer look at this rather odd little suit and see what it has to offer.
How does the Shed Defender work?
Dog Hair Containment
The Shed Defender is a self-containment system of dog hair and prevents the shedded dog hair from getting onto your guests, furniture, or car interior.
Simply place it on your dog, zip the underside, and your dog is ready to go. The suit can be washed and worn again.
Compression for Anxiety
The compression the Shed Defender provides to the dogs torso relieves anxiety and has a calming effect.
If your dog suffers from thunderstorms, loud noises, gatherings with people or has separation anxiety, this onesie is designed to help.
When planning ahead of events you know will upset your dog, you can have the Shed Defender handy to place on your dog to give them some relief.
Replacement for the Medical Cone
There’s nothing more miserable to a dog than having a bulky plastic cone placed around their neck to prevent chewing or licking.
Whether your dog has had a medical procedure, hot spots, or areas they are prone to chew or lick at, the Shed Defender helps to prevent chewing, licking or gnawing.
By placing the onesie on them, it puts a barrier between them and the area you want to protect.
Careful monitoring will be required because the suit is not considered non-chewable.
Warmth and Protection
The Shed Defender provides protection against the elements whether you are out for a walk, jog, or outdoor activity with your dog.
If your dog loves to run through the brush, you can be assured that they will be protected against twigs, burrs, or leaves from getting matted into their hair.
Zip your dog into their onesie, and you are off for a fun time of romping! The suit can be thrown into the washer once you are back home.
Is it hard to get your dog into the onesie?
It is fairly easy to get your dog into the suit. Because of the full coverage of the suit, it will require zippering underneath your dog.
- Place your dog’s head through the neck opening with the zipper side under the belly area.
- Place each of the front legs into the front leg sleeves.
- Place both hind legs into the back leg sleeves.
- Zip the zipper running from the chest to the tail area.
To remove, simply unzip the zipper and pull your dog's legs and head out from the openings.
Note: When zipping and unzipping, be careful because the fit is snug and your dog’s skin or genitalia could easily be caught in the zipper.
Features of The Shed Defender
- 4-Way Stretch
- Fabric: breathable polyester and spandex
- Machine Washable
- Endorsed by Veterinarians
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Comes in variety of colors and sizes
- Containment for dog hair
- Protects against the elements (cold, snow, twigs, leaves, burrs, ticks, fleas, mosquitoes)
Shed Defender comes in numerous sizes. There are some breeds that it will not fit because of the build of the dog.
Does Not Fit:
- Basset Hounds
(measure neck to base of tail)
33” or more
150 lbs or more
150 lbs or more
PROs and CONs of the Shed Defender
Worth the Money or Pass?
The Shed Defender is a way to contain dog hair from being shed all over the house or your car and does offer protection against the elements of weather and the outdoors.
It does require a certain amount of maneuvering of your dog’s head and limbs to get it on not to mention the possibility of accidentally getting your dog's skin or hair caught in the zipper.
Because of the snug and tight fit, your dog may tend to feel constricted and Shed Defender’s website does mention that if this occurs in your dog, do not attempt to continue using it with your dog.
The price is expensive, but then so too is a good quality winter coat for your dog.
Weigh the Pros and Cons and decide if this product is a right fit for you and your dog.
- CONTAINS SHEDDING: The patent pending Shed Defender is a onesie that contains the dog’s hair within the suit to reduce the shedding, while still allowing the dog to shed naturally. Perfect solution to contain dog hair in the house, car, or anywhere you don't want to leave a trail of hair! Spend less time sweeping and vacuuming and more time cuddling!
- REDUCES ANXIETY: The dog onesie’s snug fit applies gentle pressure, making dogs feel more calm, confident and secure. Whether its thunderstorms, fireworks or separation anxiety, the Shed Defender can soothe your pup into relaxation when wearing the calming shirt.
- E COLLAR REPLACEMENT: The jumpsuit can be used to replace the bulky, uncomfortable medical cone; covers hot spots, post-surgery use – surgery sites, prevents scratching, licking and itching, protect and alleviate allergies and other skin conditions. VETERNIANRAN APPROVED AND RECOMMENDED.
- PROTECTION FROM THE ELEMENTS: Use on hikes for tick prevention and protection from other bugs, pests, stickers and burrs. Shield from cold weather and wind, prevent hair freezing in the snow, offers UV protection, keeps your dog clean when outside or at the dog park or beach. It is a must when traveling in the car and going on outdoor adventures.
- ECO-FRIENDLY, SUSTAINABLE FABRIC: Made from our proprietary fabric called Shed-Tex, which is recycled polyester and spandex made from recycled plastic bottles. Shed-Tex is lightweight, breathable, and four-way stretch, ensuring the dog stays cool and comfortable. Allows for full mobility and does not hinder any movement for the dog. Through our PAW IT FORWARD program, we donate a portion of every sale to animal shelters and rescue groups.